Friday, November 28, 2014

Guest Blog: 90 Minutes in Heaven


 
Two Years Up Front is pleased to share our first guest blog post! John's parents have been here for a week and have let us drag them all over the city in search of a good time. Here, John's mom Chris recounts her experience at the spa down the street from our house.


Today I experienced one of the wonders of the world--a 90-minute foot and leg massage at a Jakarta spa. It began with a foot bath in warm, lime-scented water. A tiny Indonesian man washed my feet and then let them soak while he massaged my neck and back. After drying my feet he led me to a dark room with giant lounge chairs. John and I relaxed side by side while they reclined our chairs. We were each outfitted with a neck pillow, which mostly served as a vehicle for a trio of hot stones.
Here the ecstasy began. My lower legs were thoroughly worked over followed by the careful massaging of my feet. Each toe was tenderly stroked and rubbed before moving to the mid foot. Finally the heel was lovingly manipulated until it cried "uncle." Now it was time for the hand and arm massage. John's snoring was somewhat disruptive so they served ginger tea to wake him while they re-massaged our neck and back. At this point we were both glowing. What a way to spend your afternoon. We couldn't wait to get out to the desk to book tomorrow's treatment. I have a whole new respect for Indonesia.

The best part is this 90 minutes of pleasure cost $9.75 … each. No tipping please! I think I will stay in this paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment